RDL PLUS BENT OVER ROW DESCRIPTION
The RDL (Romanian Deadlift) plus bent over row is a great addition to any full body exercise program. This exercise is a combo hip-hinge with pull that will target virtually everything on the back side of your body, including glutes, hamstrings, lower back and lats.
RDL PLUS BENT OVER ROW STEPS
- Start by standing with your feet hip width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Bend from your hips while maintaining your lower back curvature until the bar is just below your kneecaps. Your weight should be toward your heels with your hips back.
- Row the barbell up to your belly button while emphasizing pulling your shoulder blades back. Do not allow your head to “jut” forward.
- Return the bar back down below the kneecaps.
- Squeeze your glutes and push your hips forward until you are back in the upright position.
- Repeat for reps!